Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Oh Hey, Things I Made!

So I haven't posted images of my work in a while. I'm gonna make up for that now...

I'll start from where we essentially left off...After making those 3D cutout drawings, I decided to try using panels. I made this one first:




Then I played around with the leftover snippets of paper from tearing the holes:


Then I started making some black, white and gray ones, which I ended up putting in the show. Here's a preliminary grouping:


Here are the 9 gray-scale panels installed for the show:

At the show:


And a closeup of the black one because it's my favorite:


Also in the show were a new piece I made that I titled Come Around. Here it is in the studio:


Some installation shots before the show:








And at the show:




And then of course there was the huge white drawing that I've been complaining about for months. I titled it Come Closer:




During the de-install, we laid it down on the floor, and I got a little camera crazy:

















Whew! That's a relief.

Teaser: I've started a new piece, and I've been collecting shards of glass off the street. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment