Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The List, Installment 1: Paper

My sketchbook is full of names. Misspelled, hurriedly transcribed names of other artists that professors, friends, lecturers have mentioned and told me to look at. I've been trying to keep a list of those names with images, but the word document has surpassed 200 pages at this point, and since there's really no rhyme or reason to The List, it's really difficult to find the artist I'm looking for at any given moment. So now that I have this thing at my disposal, I'm going to seize the opportunity to organize! Because I'm working on a paper cutout piece right now, this installment of The List will be dedicated to paper cutout artists that I've been looking at.


Noriko Ambe:









I actually got to see some of her work in New York over the summer. Really spectacular.


Mia Pearlman:








Andreas Kocks:











Natasha Bowdoin:





That's all for now. I'll post more installments intermittently, and hopefully more images of my own work soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment