Sunday, September 30, 2012

Anagram Thing Update

I've updated the execution of this thing.  I've been physically printing out the phrases, cutting out the letters, and re-arranging them into new configurations on new pieces of paper, which I photocopy, then scan.  I've decided to call the project Re-Composed (for now...).  Here are the iterations so far:


Re-Composed: f a m i l y  v a l u e s :

 


















 














Re-Composed: f o r c i b l e  r a p e :



















The physicality of the arranging feels much more intuitive, and I like the way this aesthetic underscores the re-configuring/ manipulating process itself.  I've been looking at a lot of zines lately and I really like the DIY vibe of a lot of them.  The DIY spirit is important to me in general, and for this project specifically because the whole point is to just fuck around with these phrases in a playful way that brings about new and different possibilities and potentials.

No comments:

Post a Comment