Monday, January 7, 2013

Kissing the Boundary Images

I pulled a whole bunch of stills from the video I posted recently and I might like the way the stills communicate even more than the action/sound combination in the video...

I like the way the kisses obscure my face and abstract its features via the hyper-realistic gesture of kissing a transparent surface directly in front of my face.  The effect is further emphasized by the camera's focus, which is aimed at the surface of the glass so that the marks made by my lips are crisp while my actual face is fuzzy until my lips are hovering over or pressed against the glass.  I also feel like these images are a bizarre compliment to the imagery/ process of Putting My Face On-- my face still ends up covered in red lipstick, but here, the lipstick is applied to my mouth and then to a surface, and the accumulated marks slowly build to obscure my face.  It also feels pretty directly related to Marked, but I'm recording the physical act of kissing a transparent surface, whereas the Marked images show the result of my kissing an image surface.  And the face that ends up obscured by the marks is my own.  Anyway, here's a selection:








 











No comments:

Post a Comment