Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Books!

The semester is officially over and I'm back in PA again for the holidays. Before I left, I built and gessoed two 8x5' canvases, and there's a third in the works. I've got big plans for them...

But my last big project was to make two books, one from a series of small monoprints from earlier on in the year, and one of larger monoprints with collaged paper cuts. I'm pretty excited about them, so I'll share the results here!

I collaged tissue paper for the covers. Colorful, no?


For the small book, I essentially organized the pages in a progression of how the images evolved as I printed them:
(Front cover)






Can you see the shimmer?











(Back cover)


The large book is arranged more associatively:

(Front cover)

(Inside front cover)




(Sometimes the back of the preceding pages had a particularly dynamic bleed)


(A pretty stellar example of a dynamic bleed)





















(Back inside cover pages)



(Back cover)

So that's all. I've got some ideas in the works for new paintings and collages to kick off next semester, but until then I probably won't have any new work to post. There might be a couple more List installments in the meantime...

No comments:

Post a Comment